Experience 3 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Human Services Tenure-Track Faculty (Category I)
Position Number: F 310
Salary for Announcement: Commensurate with experience and education
Employee Category: Faculty
Department: HSP – Human Services
This position is a full-time tenure track position in the Department of Human Services and Counseling focused on teaching a variety of Human Services courses (including the Addiction Studies curriculum). Established in 1968, the Department of Human Services and Counseling at Metropolitan State University of Denver prepares students to become competent, self-reflective professionals in the field of human services. Curriculum emphasizes experiential learning with coursework taught in the classroom, online, and through fieldwork experiences. Department faculty are committed to supporting students to develop high ethical standards and cultural sensitivity while becoming agents for positive change in their communities. The department offers two majors, Human Services and Fire and Emergency Response Administration, and four concentrations: Addiction Studies, High Risk Youth, Mental Health Counseling, and Nonprofit Studies. The department will be offering a Master in Clinical Behavioral Health, emphasis in Addictions, in the fall of 2020.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups. Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208
This is a full-time tenure-track faculty position with a focus on teaching, advising, scholarship, and service. The faculty member will carry a full time teaching load of 12 hours per semester (a combination of courses in the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs), and may include teaching evenings, weekends, and online courses. Other duties include advising students in academic planning, addiction credentialing, graduate school and career exploration; participating in service to the department, college, university, and the community at-large; scholarly activities focused on sharing expertise with academic and professional entities; and developing relationships in helping communities at a local, regional, and national level. The successful candidate will have experience working with students from diverse populations including students of color, students with disabilities, students with diverse gender and sexual identities, students of various ages, and students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. This position prefers the ability to also teach courses in addiction studies.
• Doctorate Degree or ABD in Counselor Education and Supervision, Human Services, Behavioral Health Sciences, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Social Work or related field (Doctorate must be completed by appointment date: Fall 2020)
• Either a Certified Addiction Counselor III , Licensed Addiction Counselor or equivalent
• Three plus years of mental health and/or addiction counseling experience
• OBH approved trainer for CAC classes or ability/willingness to become a trainer in the first year of appointment
• Evidence of successful teaching with a preference for a higher education setting
Posting Date: 11/11/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by February 14, 2020 will receive full consideration. The position is open until filled.
In order to be considered as an applicant, you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
IMPORTANT : In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant must have a complete file with the following:
1) Cover Letter
2) Curriculum Vitae
3) Teaching Philosophy
5) Current Certified Addiction Counseling (CAC ) III certification, Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC ), or equivalent license. If you are unable to attach copies of your certification or license, you may provide your certification or license number in a separate document. Please submit under “Other Document” in the application.
6) Unofficial Transcripts. If you are unable to attach copies of transcripts at the time of application, please submit them to Heath Ritchie at [email protected] by or before the full consideration date.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1797659
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.