Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as, Certified SUD/AOD Journey Counselors. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
As Certified SUD/AOD Journey Counselor you will support the community by delivering face-to-face rehabilitative programming services provided in the Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDTP).
What You Will Do:
- Lead and participate in face-to-face group and individual meetings, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapeutic processes.
- Work directly with participants to develop and implement treatment service plans and connect participants to supportive networks as they return to the community.
- Review treatment plans, evaluate and record treatment progress, records visible changes in appearance, behavior and demeanor of program participants.
- Liaise with transition/reentry staff, plan and prepare transitional documents as directed by CDCR for continued community program activities;
- Effective implementation of scheduled program curriculum.
- Understand and appropriately apply Amity policies and procedure, and adhere to agency-wide practices and regulations.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the participant.
- Protect and maintain program participant’s health, safety, welfare, and confidentiality of records and participant information.
- Maintain awareness of current training issues, needs, and opportunities.
- Participate in monthly, block, cross-training, curriculum training, technical assistance training or other training as appropriate
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
A Master’s Degree in social service-related field and registered with an AOD certifying organization recognized by DHCS; OR A Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, and ONE year of certified experience providing SUDT services as a certified AOD counselor; OR an Associates’ Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, and THREE years of certified experience providing SUDT services as a certified AOD Counselor; OR AOD certified and more than FIVE years of certified experience providing certified SUDT services as a certified AOD counselor.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of drug abuse.
- Understanding or program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation. Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communications and typing skills. Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectivity under pressures generated by association with substance abuse treatment participants.
- Demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards faculty, institution staff, and program participants; and model professional, effective work habit and responsible living.
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace
- Relocation available for select locations
Other jobs you may like
- @ The Salvation Army Oakland Adult Rehabilitation Center
- California, United States
- Substance Use Disorder