Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Koreatown Youth & Community Center, Inc. (KYCC) is a non-profit organization that has been serving the Korean American and multi-ethnic Koreatown community since 1975. KYCC’s programs and services are specifically directed towards recently immigrated, economically disadvantaged youth and their families. KYCC offers a wide array of programs including counseling, academic services, community outreach, business services, affordable housing, and neighborhood beautification.
We have been serving our diverse community for more than 40 years, and if you’re passionate about creating change within our community, we’d like to meet you.
Summary: Under the direction of the Recovery Services Manager and the Director of Children & Family Services, the Certified RS Counselor facilitates the provision of substance use disorder treatment services by providing assessment, counseling, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and case management services. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a full-time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday, scheduled to start February 2021. Due to COVID, the current working hours are 9:00am-6:00pm; these hours are subject to change.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide counseling and support services by:
- Conducting intake and assessment of clients.
- Developing individualized treatment plans.
- Conducting individual and group counseling.
- Providing case management services including assisting clients with Medi-Cal enrollment if needed.
- Accurately and timely documenting case records, statistical and other administrative data in accordance with all agency requirements.
- Providing linguistically and culturally appropriate services to clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Participating in ongoing individual and/or group supervision based on level of skill and professional development.
- Providing a minimum of 65% direct clinical service hours using the most appropriate intervention modalities; when necessary, providing outreach and case management services and linking clients to community resources.
- Providing unit support by conducting screenings and language support.
- Attend relevant meetings, trainings, events and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Recovery Services Manager.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- Current certification for substance abuse counseling (e.g. CCAPP, CAADE, CADTP).
- A minimum of two(2) years supervised experience working in substance abuse and/or related field.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the use and operation of personal computers.
- Bilingual capacity.
- Ability to organize and prepare documentation in an accurate and timely manner using the EHR systems.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in the team process.
- Strong commitment to working with a diverse, multicultural organization and community.
- Self-directing and the ability to work independently as required.
- Proof of passing a TB test and Live Scan fingerprinting clearance.
- A valid Class C California Driver’s License, access to personal automobile, and proof of auto insurance.
- Physical requirements: Able to sit for long periods of time, able to see to inspect the field and written documents; ability to communicate with KYCC staff, affiliates, clients and public; and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment.
KYCC is an EOE & E-Verify Employer.
Please visit our website for the full listing.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.