Position Summary: Counsels and manages caseload of clients from varied cultural backgrounds. Provides counseling services: intake, assessments, counseling, case management, client education, group facilitation, individual sessions, documentation, referral and crisis management.
- Maintains client caseload and manages individual treatment processes from a culturally, co-occurring, and trauma-informed perspective in conjunction with other team members.
- Utilizing screening and assessment tools, monitors client appropriateness for levels of care and makes referrals as needed to meet clients’ treatment goals.
- Conducts groups and individual sessions, including but not limited to, therapeutic sessions, processing groups, educational groups, etc.
- Documents treatment plans, treatment plan updates, group notes, individual session notes, progress notes, updates, clinical staffing notes, incident reports, and any other required documents in a timely manner and ensures each note is dated and signed.
- Communicates with managerial, clinical, and support staff when clients’ needs demand additional monitoring or attention, for instance, client is having emotional turmoil, experiencing crisis, etc.
- Can redirect and de-escalate crisis situations, conduct emergency management, and has understanding of proper emergency procedures.
- Can identify signs of impending client emotional distress or crisis, is knowledgeable of co-occurring disorders, and can conduct appropriate interventions or make appropriate referrals as situations arise.
- Works with Treatment Team to conduct reviews of case management, provides clinical presentation during staff meetings of caseload with report outs on each client’s treatment plan updates or engagement (or lack thereof).
- May conduct testing (Urine Analysis, breathalyzer, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess knowledge of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a treatment team and communicate effectively with staff, residents, family members and the community.
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an annual Tuberculosis test result.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Follows nondiscrimination laws and conduct in performance of duties.
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
- Must comply with drug-free workplace guidelines.
- Registered, Certified or Licensed by CA recognized Certifying Organization or Licensing Body.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.