Industry Substance use disorder treatment
SUD COUNSELOR | Certified
Typical responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
A current Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Certification recognized by State of California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
• Ability to understand the methods of SUD recovery and Trauma Informed Care.
• Maintain caseload that includes individual counseling, facilitates group counseling sessions, is prepared for potential crisis prevention/intervention, collateral services, and other relevant clean/sober-related services.
• Maintain case management of client/chart documentation, both hard copy and computerized (assessment and progress notes).
• Determine if there is a need for, and facilitate, client referral to community services, laboratory services, vocational counseling, legal, medical, other programs and/or additional services, using a warm hand-off.
• Ability to prepare intakes, discharge clients and enter ASAM criteria.
• Ability to counsel clients individually, in group sessions, treatment planning and crisis intervention.
• Assist clients in the development of appropriate plans for treatment, with family members and at discharge.
• Perform drug testing urinalysis specimen collections and screening as required.
• Attend In-Service training’s sessions ie: clinical meetings, staff development and CEU’s, as directed by management.
• Ability to navigate Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Learning Management System (LMS) training software.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen. Hold a valid driver’s license, preferably in California.
• Available to work schedule that may include day, evening and/or weekends to best meet the needs of 24-hour residential treatment facility and its clients.
• Have a baseline knowledge of mental health issues, along with traumatic brain injury.
• Experience working with alcohol and drug related issues/addiction.
• Experience working with high risk adult men who may be on parole or probation.
• Ability to work with a diverse population and understand co-occurring disorders
• Residents are COVID-19 free upon entering the facility. Vaccination’s are encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 Hours Week, Schedule Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tue, Evenings 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick leave
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 hour
All employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated.