Industry Substance use disorder treatment
We are conducting telephone and/or video conferencing interviews during the public health crisis.
SUD/AOD Counselor- Correctional Institutions (Northern California)
Center Point, Inc.
For more than four decades Center Point has provided the foundation for change for many families and individuals by assisting them to become responsible members of our communities.
Center Point’s mission is to provide comprehensive social, educational, vocational, medical, psychological, housing and rehabilitation services to combat social problems such as substance abuse, poverty, unemployment and homelessness.
Center Point offers rehabilitation and treatment services that interrupt the abusive cycles of psychological, social and economic dislocation by providing critical training and support so that individuals and families can claim self-worth and dignity.
Center Point is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach to join one of our exciting teams as a Certified SUD/AOD Counselor at California State Prison, Sacramento (SAC), California State Prison, San Quentin (SQ), California State Prison, Solano (SOL), California Medical Facility (CMF), and other institutions in Northern California.
About the Position:
As Certified SUD/AOD Counselor you will support the community by delivering face-to-face rehabilitative programming services provided in the Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT Program).
- Maintain a consistent and supportive environment for both staff participants.
- Maintain appropriate and professional boundaries between staff and the participants.
- Develop a treatment alliance with participants that is mutual, collaborative, individualized, and responsive to all parties changing needs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply at all times with ethical and moral standards of any social service, profession, certification or license, organizational, and CDCR requirements.
- Deliver programming and treatment services to the participants.
- Lead and participate in face-to-face group and individual meetings, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapeutic processes.
- Work directly with participants to develop and implement treatment service plans and connect participants to supportive networks as they return to the community.
- Review treatment plans, evaluate and record treatment progress, records visible changes in appearance, behavior and demeanor of program participants.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and confidential participant records.
- Compile and evaluate assessments, comprehensive social, legal, and personal histories of program participants.
- Prepare reports as assigned. Prepare accurate, concise, informative reports, records and plans that are consistent with Center Point standards, and comply with applicable clinical and administrative rules.
- Document treatment outcome using acceptable methods and tools; the delivery of programming services to the participants.
- Work collaboratively with CDCR/CCHMS and institutional staff.
- Understand and appropriately apply Center Point policies and procedure, and adhere to agency-wide practices and regulations.
Please submit your application online and email your resume at [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
- @ Northeast Valley Health Corporation- Transitions to Wellness
- 6551 Van Nuys Boulevard, Van Nuys, CA, USA
- Substance Use Disorder