Career Level Others
Industry Health Care
- Completes all required documentation accurately, in a timely manner, and thoroughly in accordance with department standards; in addition, documentation complies with patients’ insurance requirements.
- Develops and maintains community resources information and contacts related to assigned patient population. Acts as a liaison and may provide consultations with community agencies.
- Participates in the design and implementation of mental health and substance abuse service delivery, working closely with multi-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care.
- Provides direct substance abuse counseling services, including crisis intervention and individual, group, and family counseling, targeting assigned patient population groups experiencing substance abuse/dependency disorders. Provides support and assistance to maintain patients’ treatment and recovery.
- Provides substance abuse education and referral information to patients, families, and other staff members in the areas of substance abuse counseling and treatment services.
- Provides substance abuse screening and assessments. Participates in the development of patients’ individualized care plans. Assesses patients’ need for enrollment in medical, self-help programs, outpatient services, and/or residential facilities and makes referrals, if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Intern status or certification/registration from a California State Substance Use Disorders (SUD) Services certifying agency required. (BBS Licensed eligible also Welcome to Apply)!
- High School diploma (or GED equivalent) required.
- 1 year experience in providing counseling required; 2 years of experience providing counseling to assigned patient demographics, such as patients diagnosed with serious mental illness or HIV, preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish may be required depending on site/location.
- Meet organizational driver requirements.
- Job type: Regular Full Time
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs