Experience 2 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselor, Part-Time to Full-Time
Diamond Springs, El Dorado County
At Recovery In Action (RIA) we provide alcohol and addiction counseling and support services to adults. To learn about our non-profit organization, visit www.recoveryinactionedc.org.
Position: 24 hours per week, permanent, SUD counselor in the Placerville area of El Dorado County, CA. This position is for our Adult Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program.
The SUD counselor will be responsible for providing individual group, and family counseling and case management services for the adult participates enrolled in our program. Strong communication skills required both written and oral. Ability to document services in a comprehensive and timely manner in accordance to Drug Medi-Cal (DMC) requirements. Basic computer skills are required.
Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor, CADCA, CADA-1 certification is required with a minimum of two years’ experience.
Must have experience with Drug Medi-Cal (DMC) requirements and submission timelines. Must have working knowledge of the following: Title 22, 42 CFR part 2, HIPAA, Minimum Quality Drug Treatment Standards SABG, DHCS AOD Certification Standards. History of providing drug and alcohol treatment to adults with positive outcomes.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education, and licensure status.
- Two plus years’ experience counseling people with substance abuse challenges and/or experience in social or health service related fields.
- Holds a current CADCA, CADA-1 certification, CCAPP Certified is preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid certification or willingness to be trained required within the first (90) ninety days of employment.
- If in recovery, we prefer you to have a minimum of two years continuous clean time or sobriety.
- Knowledge and training of substance dependency, substance abuse, and recovery protocols including 12 step programs.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local treatment community and referrals.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation to promote class participation and interaction.
Applicant must be fingerprinted/live-scanned and receive clearance from the FBI, Department of Justice. Must pass a TB test. Use of personal vehicle may be necessary; must possess valid CA driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Provides individual, group and family counseling, case management and supportive services to ensure individualized quality of care.
- Responsible for conducting a complete intake and psycho-social assessments of clients to determine appropriate treatment modality for new clients.
- Maintains individual client case files in accordance with agency policies and procedures, with documents that include the client’s treatment plans, case notes, group notes, progress notes and updates.
- Ensures all documentation regarding client care, treatment and incidents are completed timely and in a clear, concise manner.
- Participates in outreach activities as assigned.
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and clients.
- Provides crisis intervention and assessments as needed;
- Evaluates client’s needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
If qualified, please respond to this post with your cover letter and resume attached in PDF or MS Word document.
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Thank you for your interest!