Industry Substance use disorder treatment
New Entra Casa is a small residential facility located in the North Park area of San Diego. We are a perinatal program working with women that area experiencing homelessness, have alcohol and/or drug addictions, mental health, and social/legal/economic barriers. Clients on average stay a minimum of 90 days up to 180 days.
The SUD counselor will provide support to clients. Substance abuse counselors maintain a safe and secure environment for the clients, ensure clients adhere to program policies, and support them in achieving treatment goals identified by the participant.
- Maintain a client caseload
- Ensures documentation is completed and information submitted is accurate and correct
- Conduct both educational and structured groups
- Conduct screening, assessment, treatment planning, 1:1 counseling sessions and facilitate education and clinical process groups.
- Ensures a clean, safe and healthy environment
- Must be self-starter
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Maintain contact with staff and supervisor to report any problems
- Participate in all staff meetings and trainings
- Perform additional duties as assigned