Want to join a company where you can make a real difference? Our team is looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor who is passionate about people and believes every individual deserves the best quality mental health care. This is your opportunity to build a long-lasting career with a global leader in the industry. In this role, you will help us develop, organize, and conduct programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Keep reading to learn more about us and what we have to offer.
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
We’re looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
In this role, you will:
- Provide relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum
- Facilitate didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions
- Select and recommend new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse
- Maintain a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations
- Complete required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming residents as required
- Participate in related training for substance abuse
- High school diploma or equivalent; and a minimum of three (3) years of full time experience of counseling duties with a criminal justice population in a substance abuse program; and have an Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification by an agency approved and recognized by the California Department of Health Care Services, required.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish) may be required as well as experience dealing with specific cultural group.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of client record management.
- Basic computer skills.
In this position, you will frequently have to lift or carry up to 20 lbs. Candidates should also be able to bend, stoop, walk, and stand (31-60% of the time). You will also occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 40 lbs.
Other jobs you may like
- @ Clare|Matrix
- 2644 30th Street, Santa Monica, CA, USA, 90405