Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director of Residential Services or another licensed mental health professional, provides intensive behavioral coaching to clients living in one of our residential programs or recently discharged from one of our residential programs. These services will focus on strengthening their interpersonal skills, communication skills, independent living skills and emotional regulation skills to enhance their ability to live in a family setting or independently in the future. This position requires evening and weekend work. Follows standard and emergency procedures as specified by Youth Homes, Inc. and in cooperation with health facilities, school districts, police departments, and county agencies.
• Always maintain a professional manner while representing the Agency.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, engage and coach clients.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of emergency procedures required in crisis intervention.
• Demonstrates respect/sensitivity for multi-cultural clients, family and community members, staff and other stakeholders. Demonstrates cultural awareness.
• Strong writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in clinical documentation, emails, etc.
• Ability to deal with crisis situations and adjust schedule for the needs of clients (be flexible in interventions.)
• Ability to work as a team, to communicate and collaborate with staff, supervisors, county staff and other treatment team members, daily.
• Basic computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a Behavioral Science field and or graduate work in Psychology or Social Work plus experience in residential treatment or in a treatment program specializing in adolescents and children.
• Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; move quickly/run; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and very low and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment can be more than moderate.
• Possess a CA driver’s license, with no restrictions.
• Must have and use well maintained personal vehicle to transport clients.
• Must pass all mandated security clearances, prior to employment.
• Must pass a health and drug screening, prior to employment.
• Must meet all training and agency compliance requirements for this position.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2042002
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Youth Homes is an equal opportunity employer.