Experience 3 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
The Reentry Specialist at Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center (RCCC) provides counseling and treatment (related to the employee’s scope of practice) to pre released inmates with addictive problems, performs discharge and referral summaries for clients and maintains client case files.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training, Licensure):
- Certification or registration as an addiction counselor by a DHCS recognized certification organization (CCAPP, CADTP or CAADE) registrants must have the ability to become certified within 5 years of their initial registration date.
- High School diploma, Associate or B.S. degree in related field preferred.
- Two years’ experience counseling persons with substance use/co-occurring disorders. OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Experience and knowledge of working with Justice-Involved population preferred.
- Knowledge and training in substance abuse and related health issues (i.e. HIV, Hepatitis C, etc.) and recovery protocols including the 12 step programs.
- Knowledge of the local treatment community and referrals; if in recovery, two years sobriety preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer (PC) literate in general office functions such as word processing, email and database software. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid California Driver’s License, with insurable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint background screening through the D.O.J. for clearance into R.C.C.C. and all criminal justice facilities served in the County.
- This position is a Tuesday-Saturday shift from 6:30am-3pmPhysical Demands and Work Environment: The work environment is characteristic of an In-custody substance use disorder treatment program environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves or their homes. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs,and the lack of personal care.
WellSpace Health is committed to the principals of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
It is the intent of WellSpace Health to maintain a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. WellSpace Health is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Email CV to [email protected]