Experience 2 Years
Industry Behavioral Health
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Quality Assurance Supervisor position. This is an Exempt position that reports to the Quality Assurance Director, and works closely with Program Directors across all departments at La Familia, and particularly those programs funded by Alameda County Behavioral Health.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor leads the daily functions and supports the strategic goals of the
Quality Assurance Department. Endeavors to maintain a high level staff training in the following
areas: client support, clinical and administrative documentation, training related to clinical care
and documentation standards, HIPAA and contract compliance. The QA Supervisor implements and
manages systems to ensure successful Utilization Review and internal audit processes.
Partners with program leadership staff and administrative teams to assist programs in efficiently
maximizing revenue. Supports development of agency database and activities related to outcomes and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides client service documentation training and support on best practices in alignment
- with agency policy and procedures, laws, and Alameda County Behavioral Health (ACBH)standards for Substance Use Disorder(SUD)services through the Organized Delivery System (ODS) and regulations for all LFCS Programs.
- Supervises Quality Assurance Specialists.
- Leads Utilization Reviews, chart audits – such as the Clinical Quality Review Team
- (CQRT) per ACBH regulations; ensures that revenue-generating activities are properly reported; provides management with recommendations to improve processes.
- Serves as agency HIPAA Privacy Officer and MAA Coordinator; provides HIPAA trainings to agency staff.
- Conducts HIPAA and MediCal site certification compliance activities including site audits, staff training and best practice recommendations to management.
- Conducts database training on best practices regarding documentation policies and procedures.
- Provides MediCal Billing Support and acts as liaison with the ACBH’s QA staff.
- Reviews and develops agency client database with program partners; participates in data collection processes and development for agency.
- Assists Program Directors with data collection and other activities related to reporting and program outcomes.
- Supports activities related to agency accreditation.
- Supports hiring, training, development, supervision and evaluation of Quality Assurance Department staff.
- Oversees client records system – including Clinician’s Gateway – including archiving and records requests processes.
- Updates agency Shared Drive as needed to ensure consistency and timely information sharing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.