Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- A full-time position with approval of DOC.
- A minimum of Certification as an Addictions Professional (CAP) or licensure/certification as specified by Florida Statute.
The Qualified Professional is responsible for program planning/development, supervision of counseling staff, and maintenance of resident charts consistent with approved policies, procedures, guidelines, and programs of NPI. Responsible for providing and supervising client services and working with the Director towards meeting contractual agreements. The Qualified Professional is responsible to the Director.
- Consistently enforce all center rules and regulations, policies and procedures as directed.
- Assist in training of personnel.
- Maintain a 15-resident caseload.
- Serve as liaison with community as needed.
- Provide daily direct supervision of counseling staff.
- Supervise and maintain documentation of individual resident’s behaviors in resident charts.
- Educate residents in group and individual settings about addictions.
- Maintain and evaluate therapeutic records to include but not limited to social assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, treatment plan updates, and discharge summaries.
- Responsible for treatment, counselor, and group schedules with approval of Director.
- Conduct weekly supportive individual counseling sessions.
- Supervise and maintain Quality Assurance Program as stated in NPI Policy and Procedures.
- Supervise and meet case management and counseling needs of the residents.
- Assist the Director in developing and maintaining cooperative agreements, relationships, and liaisons with directors, department heads, etc. of other agencies on local, state, and federal levels.
- Actively participate in professional and/or correctional associations/organizations to keep informed on emerging developments and issues that aid in the improvement and effectiveness of the facility.
- Continue professional education and growth through such avenues as training workshops, conferences, and other appropriate means.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other staff.
- Assist in the orientation and training of volunteers and interns at the facility utilizing the Volunteer Manual.
- Attend all staff meetings, house meetings, and in-house trainings.
- Uphold all policies and procedures set forth in NPI contracts and any other related documents.
- Be receptive to all new policies received from NPI and ensure enforcement of the policies as directed.
- Assist with other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Follow Organization Chart for the chain of command.