Career Level Others
Industry Behavioral Health
BACS is seeking FT and PT psychiatrists to provide wellness and recovery services to chronic and severe mentally ill adults for a highly respected adult mental health agency. Our program operates with a wraparound model of care with a team approach to provide integrated service geared towards developing community and natural supports as these adults transition out of the behavioral health care system to community supports. The psychiatrist is an integral part of the team which includes a personal services coordinator, an employment coordinator, a peer counselor and a support counselor. The team approach is essential and input from all members of the team drive the care for the clients. The psychiatrist should have experience with computerized medical records, electronic prescribing and should possess a team driven attitude with a high level of organization, efficiency and collaboration. This is a terrific opportunity for a psychiatrist who wants to work with a wonderful staff and superb leadership.
- Prescribe and monitor medication for participants, and provide ongoing direction of such care to the team.
- Provide ongoing consultation on participant treatment issues and quality of care to the treatment team and other clinical staff.
- Respond to program emergencies.
- Oversee charting required for County Utilization Review/Medi-Cal purposes. Complete documentation necessary for billing Medication Support Services for Medi-Cal. Supervise the monitoring of medication logs to ensure accuracy, conformity with medication policies and procedures.
- Provide consultation and liaison when necessary and appropriate to the local professional community to coordinate treatment.
- Participate in the development and implementation of an ongoing in-service training and continuing education program for staff.
- Attend agency and/or mental health system meetings when requested.
- Graduate of approved medical school with MD degree.
- Valid CA DEA License.
- Valid California Medical License and Board Certified or Board Eligibility in Psychiatry.
- Experience as a Psychiatrist in an outpatient setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
BACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.