Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
• A minimum of 2.5 years working with at risk youth and their families.
• Must be a State Certified Counselor (or enrolled in an accredited institution and in the process of obtaining certification), through the CCAPP California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals certification credential (CADC) or equivalent organization.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Knowledge in Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, MET/CBT 5 treatment models.
• Knowledgeable of clinical treatment, healing arts, intervention techniques, and approaches to youth development.
• Knowledge and ability to use Avatar system for all documentation.
• Experience working with youth within the juvenile justice system, youth with disabilities, youth with co-occurring disorders, and/or gang-affiliated, etc.
• Able to maintain confidential, accurate, and complete records including documentation of daily encounters; progress notes; weekly and monthly reports, etc.
• Must be a self-starter and able to organize/coordinate services/workflow in a flexible setting.
• Excellent organizational, communication, written, and verbal skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and work outside of regular business hours (that may include evenings, weekends, before and after hours).
• If in recovery, must be clean and sober for at least two continuous years.
• Must be able to clear a TB test before first day of employment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate the agency van.