Experience 3 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Join our team of dedicated and passionate professionals in beautiful Pacific Grove, CA!
Beacon House, a nonprofit substance abuse treatment facility offering sub-acute detoxification, residential, and outpatient services is currently seeking LVN Nursing Staff for our Per Diem (On-Call) Nursing pool. The ideal candidate will be flexible, self-motivated, compassionate, and a quick learner. 1-2 years of similar experience, especially substance abuse treatment experience, is a plus!
Our detox/ residential facility has 24/7 nursing staff available to provide services to our clients. Our outpatient facility (located just 6 blocks from our residential facility) has nurse staff on-site 3 days per week.
Per Diem shift coverage may be short-notice to cover sick calls or scheduled in advance to cover vacations, etc. A variety of shift availability is needed, including day (7:30am- 2:30pm), evening (2pm- 8:30pm) and overnight (8am-8pm); weekdays and weekends. We can work with your schedule! Approximately 12-32 hours of work available per month.
Nurse duties include:
- Observation of medication self-administration
- Assessing and monitoring clients’ condition, including regular checks during 72 hr detoxification period
- Monitoring verbal orders from physician
- Emergency and crisis intervention responses, when necessary
- Effectively communicate client’s condition to treatment staff and in EHR
- Communicate with pharmacy orders and concerns
- Verify, inventory,and organize medications in accordance as required by the ADP
- Guiding residents to the appropriate activity/group
- Required valid LVN (or RN) license in CA
- 1-2 years of experience working in an environment such as a hospital or treatment program (preferred but not required)
- Working knowledge of the physical effects of substance abuse, chemical dependency and withdrawal, and detoxification protocols a plus
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time while fulfilling office duties
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs
- Must be able to manage in an environment that can be fast-paced and stressful
We are looking to increase our pool of highly-qualified, dedicated Per Diem nurses as soon as possible! Please apply online. You may call Lauren or Lara with questions at 831-372-2334.