Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Industry Behavioral Health
Under the supervision of the Vocational Rehabilitation Supervisor, the Peer Case Manager will provide a range of support services to mentally ill clients including: supports community integration skills; provides individual support; applies personal experience as a consumer of mental health services; serves as a role model of recovery; assist client with seeking outside activities and encourage group participation, advocate for consumers, providing accompaniment when indicated to housing, financial, health and legal resources; manages work time effectively, efficiently and productively; works collaboratively with case managers to provide first hand perspective of engagement in treatment; acts as a liaison with community programs; uses good problem solving skills; develops activities, programs and resources which support consumers; maintain client’s records and documentation according to California, San Francisco City and County requirements.
Citywide Focus is a UCSF/San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) Department of Psychiatry outpatient program located at 982 Mission Street, San Francisco. Its mission is to provide intensive case management services to adults who suffer from severe mental illness, co-occurring substance abuse disorders and many who also have chronic medical issues.
The mission of the Division is to help clients recover prior functioning, while reducing reliance on acute services, and facilitate transitions from ZSFG psychiatric inpatient, jails, or other institutions to the community. Our programs serve a diverse group of individuals, in terms of social, cultural, and linguistic characteristics; and is structured around interdisciplinary teams. Interventions provided include psychotherapy, crisis intervention, psychotropic medication management, case management, outreach, and employment services.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and minimum of two years related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience/training
- Valid/current driver’s license
- Understanding of mental health issues and sensitivity toward mental health clients
- Skills to comprehend and assess patient’s grievances to quickly locate appropriate resource for assistance
- Ability to work with clients and program staff from diverse cultural and social class backgrounds
- Knowledge of computers and software including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work independently in a high-pressure environment
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to be diplomatic and highly organized.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and apply sound judgement
- Good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
Note: Physical/health screening required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Mental Health certificate
- Working knowledge of the organization and how to get issues resolved