Experience 2 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Provide individual Mental Health and SUD counseling and support to patients in Methadone, Outpatient, and Federal programs. A Mental Health Clinician must work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team to coordinate patient services and maintain the highest quality of care. Case management for men, women, youth, and families seeking recovery from substance abuse. Community outreach for the advancement of agency services. The Mental Health Clinician works collaboratively with the Associate Director(s) and is responsible completion of LPHA activities to include, but not limited to, the completion and finalization of Outpatient ASAM assessments, diagnosis, and medical necessity note.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:Completes documentation requirements and maintains quality, up-to-date clinical records, including patient daily treatment encounters and billing, and effectively enters information into Methasoft and AVATAR EHR.
- Collects various bodily fluids to include: urine and sweat.
- Maintains a caseload of up to thirty-two patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of clinical records and privileged information, and stays up-to-date with HIPAA requirements and compliance.
- Provides individualized counseling services to all contracted programs.
- Works closely with patients to engage them in the decision-making process and help them understand the benefits of assessment and accessing the appropriate level of care as indicated.
- Conducts bio-psychosocial and ASAM assessments upon admission(s) to determine the appropriate level of care.
- Works with other staff and patients in a respectful professional manner.
- Conducts case management when requested.
- Maintains working knowledge of other drug and alcohol treatment agencies and programs and a list of resources that can be shared with clients.
- Monitors client’s access to and involvement with treatment and other providers to help address barriers to treatment and the recovery process.
- Provides back-up assistance to counselors with group therapy and psycho-education groups as necessary.
- Conducts other duties as assigned by Associate Director(s).