Career Level Others
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Qualifications Master’s Degree
We are seeking: an experienced, communicative, and compassionate therapist to join our team and support the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of our clients. In this role, you will work directly with clients to actively listen to problems and concerns and suggest healthy and productive ways of coping with those issues.
This position is responsible for conducting assessments, treatment planning, counseling, multidisciplinary treatment team consultation and coordination of recovery program services. Therapists motivate clients to actively participate in their therapeutic program, facilitate implementation, presentation, evaluation, and revision of treatment plans, and facilitate/present educational programs to clients.
The Therapist role reports directly to the Clinical Director, contributing to the objectives of True Behavioral Health and its mission. While providing individual, group and family therapy, this Licensed Marriage and Family therapist participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning and client-centered care and treatment.
- Conducts individual, group and family therapy
- Establishes positive and trusting relationships with clients and their families
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning.
- Continually assesses client situations and provide the proper ongoing treatments
- Educate and involve family members or other loved ones in the treatment process when necessary
- Provide individual therapy on a consistent basis with assigned clients, utilizing bio-psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes, according to company policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality of care.
- Plan and facilitate group therapy, according to the clinical schedule, that is understandable by clients and aligns with treatment plans to ensure effective services are provided.
- Work with each client in establishing an aftercare plan that will set him/her up for the greatest success upon discharge from the program.
- Be available on-call on specified nights and weekends, according to the company’s schedule, to provide services such as crisis intervention or discharge blocking, as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with families, outside clinicians, and referring parties (as appropriate) to ensure continuity of care.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in all trainings, meetings, and supervision groups as required by the clinical department.
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field
- Meet all necessary state licensure requirements
- 2+ years of clinical experience, ideally working directly with trauma and PTSD clients
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to actively listen
- Solid relationship-building capabilities
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Health Screen and TB Negative Result
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Criminal Background Clearance