Career Level Others
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as an, SUD/AOD Apprentice Counselors. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will it allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
As SUD/AOD Apprentice Counselor you will support the community by delivering face-to-face rehabilitative programming services provided in the Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver treatment services of participants.
- Lead and participate in face-to-face group and individual meetings, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapeutic processes.
- Work directly with participants to develop and implement treatment service plans and connect participants to supportive networks as they return to the community.
- Review treatment plans, evaluate and record treatment progress, records visible changes in appearance, behavior and demeanor of program participants.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and confidential participant records.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
Less than FOUR years of experience providing SUDT services as a certified AOD Counselor OR Registered with an AOD certifying organization recognized by the DHCS, enrolled in AOD education classes and ONE-year experience; OR Provide monthly, documented proof of meaningful progress toward AOD certification and compliance with an approved individual training and development plan which does not exceed TWENTY-FOUR months to complete.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse
- Understanding our program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP is essential.
- Excellent written communications and typing skills. Knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectivity under pressures generated by association with substance abuse treatment participants.
- Effective work habit and responsible living.
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace
- Relocation available for select locations
Other jobs you may like
- @ The Salvation Army Oakland Adult Rehabilitation Center
- California, United States
- Substance Use Disorder