Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Industry Behavioral Health
Qualifications Master’s Degree
SUMMARY: The Intake Coordinator is responsible for performing initial intakes on clients who have been referred for services in the Dependency Drug Court program. Working relationships are established with judges, Office of the State Court Administrator, staff of state and local government, treatment professionals, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following, as well as performance of other work related duties as assigned:
- Conducts psychosocial assessments in a criminal justice environment.
- Determines the appropriate level of care for clients based on their risks/needs.
- Completes all relevant admissions paperwork.
- Provides the clients with an overview of the drug court program and its expectations.
- Obtains collateral information pertinent to the treatment needs of the client.
- Participates as an active team member.
- Maintains proper documentation.
- Respond to subpoenas as needed regarding assessments completed.
- Assists with accessing appropriate community resources for clients or their respective family members.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources as needed.
- Attends shelter hearings as needed in order to facilitate referrals to Dependency Drug Court.
- Attends client hearings in order to present assessment recommendations to the court.
- Communicates with new referral sources and maintains a professional and positive relationship with Judges, defense attorneys, Department of Children and Families attorneys, court liaisons, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.