Industry Substance use disorder treatment
At Groups, the Counselor leads the treatment team, alongside providers, care navigators, and administrators, and is the expert on addiction and recovery coordinating decisions about the member’s treatment. Meanwhile, providers are asked to focus on what they do best: medication management. By putting seasoned, compassionate substance abuse counselors in the lead, and minimizing bureaucracy at every turn, we’re able to deliver care that is both more affordable and of higher quality than the status quo.
As a Counselor you will manage a schedule and caseload that supports the needs of the office and region and further develop your clinical skill set and knowledge of Groups roles and responsibilities as it relates to the clinical service model.
- Unlock great clinical outcomes for our members by adhering to Groups Recovery System and providing consistent, high quality counseling activities.
- Conduct intake assessments to evaluate individuals’ appropriateness for our program, engaging special populations in our treatment model.
- Use clinical tools (urine drug screens, pill counts, treatment plans, counseling, etc.) to monitor clinical progress and promote recovery within the Core Milestones framework.
- Lead weekly group therapy sessions that build recovery skills and foster community by utilizing the outlined curriculum.
- Engage in the community and create relationships for referrals.
- Provide individual support, as needed, such as crisis intervention, referrals to other resources, liaising with outside parties involved in the member’s treatment and coordinating with the Care Navigators.
- Utilize our custom EMR to thoroughly document members’ progress and clinician interactions in a manner that is efficient and value-added, fully digitized, and never bureaucratic and ensure all clinicians in office follow suit.
- Participate in discharge decisions, in coordination with the physician and clinical supervisor, based on member progress in treatment.