Industry Substance use disorder treatment
BAART, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At BAART, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Primary Job Function:
Substance use disorder counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome. Counselor must be Registered or Certified by the state of California.
Title: Full Time Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Location: San Francisco, CA (Market)
Schedule: M-F 6a-2p (1 hour paid lunch)
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide individual counseling sessions
- ASAM placement assessment
- Active, aftercare and discharge planning
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates intakes or assist with intake process
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Coordinate patient care with other helping agencies
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor