Career Level Others
Industry Behavioral Health
The Employment Specialist’ job involves the provision of treatment designed to facilitate the process of recovery from mental illness, substance abuse, or physical limitations to as normal a condition as possible. Includes the disciplines of vocational rehabilitation.
Provides direct vocational rehabilitative services to mentally ill adults who often also suffer from substance abuse disorders, and/or physical limitations. Works with clients to identify employment interests, assess work skills, coach them through the application process, work with employers to identify potential jobs for clients, and support employees and employers to solve problems to help retain employment.
Work location: 982 Mission, San Francisco.
The job will involve the ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb stairs.
- Bachelor’ degree in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field or equivalent combination of experience/training
- Experience in job development and employment counseling
- Knowledge of a rehabilitation service and ability to apply concepts to operations in an acute care setting
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and be detailed oriented. Able to efficiently prepare written summaries and reports of activities within required timelines. Able to set priorities, and organize time accordingly
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others. Ability to work in a high stress, high volume environment, working well with others and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work well with others to achieve common goals within a culturally diverse setting. Customer service orientation to quickly address questions or issues
- Demonstrate excellent attendance and reliability