Career Level Others
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
The Counselor/Case Manager is responsible for coordinating and providing individual and family counseling, case management, group therapy, and bio-psycho-social assessment services to clients in a residential setting. The candidate will demonstrate expertise in evidence-based treatment modalities for dual diagnoses, case management, development of client support systems, and discharge/continuing care planning. The Counselor/Case Manager will collaborate with the clinical team to plan and coordinate the client’s movement through the continuum of care.
This position follows client’s progress from a bio-psychosocial standpoint, beginning with admittance through discharge. During this time, the Counselor/Case Manager maintains frequent and open communication with the Clinical Director and Program manager regarding any issues or problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting weekly counseling groups.
- Conduct initial assessment and create treatment plans and updates to treatment plan with cooperation from the clinical team.
- Assist clients in developing measurable treatment and discharge goals and objectives.
- Lead group counseling sessions and psycho-educational groups.
- Provide liaison services between client and family.
- Document all services via EMR system.
- Meet with clients on an individual basis when requested by client or recommended by Clinical Director.
- Document progress notes in client files following each individual session.
- Maintain frequent contact with Clinical Director regarding individuals’ progress.
- Responsible for attending and participating in mandatory weekly clinical and interdisciplinary staff meetings to discuss client care and all aspects of treatment.
- Maintain and adhere to all Federal, State, and County regulations regarding client confidentiality and staff code of ethics.
- Participate in continuous training in areas where needed, attendance at seminars, continue earning CEUs.
- Responsible for all state and CARF documentation requirements relating to patient records.
- Timely and thorough responses to documentation requests for Utilization Reviews or Concurrent Reviews.
- Observation of ABC Recovery Center’s policies relating to professional boundaries.
- Observe conflict of interest limitations and notify supervisor regarding any outside employment opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or a related field or at least ten (10) years of counseling experience counseling clients with co-occurring disorders, Preferred
- CADC- I or CADC-CAS or higher Certification through CCAPP, Required.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a behavioral health field.
- Must have acquired all required state licensures.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by managers to perform other instructions and duties. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.