Career Level Executive
Experience 5 Years
Industry Behavioral Health
POSITION TITLE: Chief Program Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA STATUS: 1.0 FTE, Exempt, Non- Union
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) is a senior management position and part of the Executive and Administrative Teams comprised of the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Program Officer(s), Controller, Director of Human Resources, Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships, and Operations Manager.
Under the leadership of the CEO, the CPO will: articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of the agency; oversee a significant portfolio of programs and administrative services; evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing formative feedback; raise the agency’s profile through strategic external communications; provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all assigned leadership staff; and enhance the efficacy and reach of the organization by staying abreast of best practices and emerging developments in service strategies that are relevant to the La Familia Mission.
The CPO will, on an ongoing basis, review, evaluate, and enhance services offered and participate in development of new or expansion of existing programs as needs emerge and funding sources become available. The CPO will partner with other Agency leaders and administrative staff while also being responsible for overall program planning, organizing, operating, performance and staffing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership directly and indirectly for any and all La Familia staff and contractors to ensure that services and duties are being performed at the highest possible quality.
- Lead, participate in, design, or collaborate on agency-level committees and special projects.
- Provides troubleshooting, thought partnership, insight and support to program leadership staff and, as appropriate, to all staff members.
- Holds organizational-level knowledge and history to ensure clear and seamless coordination among programs, staff, and clients to ensure meeting organizational objectives.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders about our services, open positions, funders, programmatic needs, regarding our organizational philosophy, flexibility, and capacity.
- Ensures that all Agency Programs are operating effectively and are in alignment with the Agency Vision, Mission and Values. Provides oversight to La Familia departments, programs, and staff as assigned
- Provides back-up as needed and in the absence of department/program leadership staff.
- Collaborate in staff recruitment processes including: using network connections to identify appropriate entities for staff recruitment, develop and update job descriptions and interview questions, advise leadership staff on final staff selections and onboarding.
Staff Management and Supervision:
- Provide leadership and supervision to program management and supervisory staff including, but not limited to one-on-one supervision, formal and informal feedback, and professional development planning.
- Support program leadership staff in providing guidance for all program staff:
- Regularly review and provide feedback on Program Manuals for each program and Staff Orientation materials.
- Establish and enforce expectations related to professional ethical comportment.
- Oversee training processes and materials for all programs and staff.
- Establish and track performance expectations with leadership staff, including hours of billable services, documentation standards, and quality clinical interventions.
- Ensure that programs have the resources necessary to fulfill their contractual responsibilities.