Job ID 29386
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
America’s Homeless Veterans a nonprofit organization is in the process of opening a substance abuse treatment program (detox house) for Veterans in Rancho Cordova. We are currently in the licensing and VA provider process. We are seeking Certified Counselors.
Education, Training and Qualifications:
- The Counselor shall have knowledge of alcohol and/or other drug related problems; including withdrawal effects of alcohol and other drugs.
- The Counselor shall have Substance Abuse Certification from a State of California Accredited Institution; RAS, CAS, CAADE, etc.
- The Counselor shall be knowledgeable and experienced with the provision of state licensed and/or certified residential non-medical alcohol and other drug abuse recovery treatment detoxification services, including: maintaining an alcohol and drug free environment, admission criteria screening, intake process, individual and group sessions, participant referral procedures, participant file documentation procedures, Title 42 code of Federal regulations, Part 2, regarding confidentiality, non-discrimination of delivery services, participant discharge and follow-up procedures, CPR/ First Aid certified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with participant confidentiality pursuant to title 42, Code of federal regulations, Part 2, regarding client confidentiality, and non-discrimination policy regarding the provision of services.
- Provide program related services including maintaining an alcohol and drug free environment, admission criteria, screening, intake procedures, participant observation and documentation, one on one and group sessions, referral procedures, Title 42 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 2, regarding client confidentiality, non-discrimination of delivery of services, participant discharge and follow-up procedures.
- Communication with staff and with other persons associated with program and other programs as needed.
- Ensure all participant files are documented, maintained, and stored in accordance with licensing regulations and certification standards.
- Shall insure that all program activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations; and personal policies of this residential program.
- Staff training and continued education as required by licensing and certification.
- Yearly certification up-date; CPR/First Aid up-date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in counseling methods including group facilitation, motivational interviewing, and case management.
- Ability to maintain productive work relationships with clients, employees, management, external agencies, and the public.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff both on and off duty as defined by agency ethical codes.
- Assist clients in the development of appropriate plans for treatment.
- Perform drug testing urinalysis specimen collections and screening as required.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen. Hold a valid driver’s license, preferably in California.
- Available to work schedule that may include day, evening and/or weekends to best meet the needs of 24-hour residential treatment facility and its clients.
- Experience working with high-risk adult men who may be on parole or probation.
- Ability to work with a diverse population
Other jobs you may like
AOD/SUD Counselor/Group Facilitator
- @ Revive Premier Treatment Center
- Los Angeles, California, 13111 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, CA, USA, 91604