Experience 2 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Certified Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Clinically Reports To: Clinical Director & Program Manager
Summary: Counselor can be substance abuse and/or mental health practitioners and their focus is the delivery of crisis prevention, assessment, treatment, education, and discharge planning services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with admission and intake of clients to include assessment and crisis intervention.
- Provide individual and group counseling, education & training groups, and support to individual clients and their families.
- Work with clinical team to create an individual treatment plan and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment programs
- Provide case management support, process documentation, conduct record reviews and quality assurance.
- Monitor client progress and formulate effective and useful progress notes to aid in the mapping of client’s treatment progress, to be recorded in client health record.
- Stay informed and in touch with community resources and support groups.
- Educate family or friend caregivers on how to support client.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the causes and effects of substance use on individuals and their families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively; especially when providing client services.
- Ability to exhibit characteristics such as being open-minded, empathetic, respectful, understanding, patient, flexible, neutral. Avoid assumptions, preconceived ideas and biases.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and appropriate boundaries with clients at all times.
- Possess excellent technical skills. Ability to efficiently navigate Microsoft Office Suite and electronic health record software.
- Must be certified by CCAAP/CADTP/CAADE or hold an MFT/MSW degree
- Adult CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must present a negative TB Mantoux test and health screens for your file.
- Must present a valid driver’s license.