Career Level Others
Experience 6 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as, Certified SUD/AOD Supervising Counselors. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
As Certified SUD/AOD Supervising Counselor you will support the community by delivering face-to-face rehabilitative programming services provided in the Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDTP).
What You Will Do:
- Evaluate staff performance and provide applicable coaching and training;
- Have knowledge of the AOD certification process and regularly monitor counseling staff progress towards achieving and maintaining valid AOD certification;
- Verify and record, by the 5th of the month, each OMCP Mentor’s monthly internship hours accrued during the previous month, utilizing CDCR’s OMCP Verification of Internship Hours form in ARMS;
- Liaise with California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR) and California Correctional Health Care Services (CCCHMS) staff to support entry and exit of participants into the ISUDTP;
- Monitor participant counselor assignments, stage of program participation, and communicate attrition and slot availability prior to entry points to CCHMS staff;
- Monitor and schedule participants to individual (if applicable) and group activities, supervise seminar scheduling;
- Shall work collaboratively with CDCR/CCHMS and institution staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related field, and TWO years of certified experience providing SUDT services as certified AOD Counselor, at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor; OR An Associate’s Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, and FOUR years of certified experience providing SUDT services as a certified AOD Counselor at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor; OR SIX or more years of certified experience providing certified SUDT services, as a certified AOD Counselor at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor
- Be certified as an AOD Counselor by a certifying organization approved by DHCS at a level that allows the Supervising Counselor to provide clinical verification of internship hours for AOD Counseling staff and OMCP Mentors.
- AOC certification is required unless exempt as a licensed professional or registered associates as specified in the Agreement.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of drug abuse.
- Understanding or program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communications and typing skills. Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
- program participants; and model professional, effective work habit and responsible living.
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace
- Relocation available for select locations
Other jobs you may like
- @ The Salvation Army Oakland Adult Rehabilitation Center
- California, United States
- Substance Use Disorder