Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Job Title: Counselor II / Certified Counselor (Substance Abuse/ Mental Health)
Reports To: Program Director/ Manager (or designee)
About CLARE|MATRIX: CLARE|MATRIX is a nonprofit organization providing effective and compassionate treatment, recovery, and prevention services for alcoholism and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
Since 1970 CLARE|MATRIX has provided quality substance abuse and mental health treatment to men, women, and children in southern California.
Through programs run by a compassionate, committed, results-oriented team of counselors, therapists, and administrators, CLARE|MATRIX continues to build its reputation as a leader in Evidence-Based Treatment practices and continues to break new ground in the areas of positive outcomes, outreach, research, and community involvement.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA CLARE|MATRIX maintains 18 facilities in the southern California region; providing services to participants in a manner consistent with its Core Values: Compassion, Teamwork, Integrity, Empowerment and Adaptability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Work in collaboration with Behavioral Health Clinician (Therapist) on treatment plan goals
· Group Facilitation
· Provide weekly case management sessions related to treatment plan in collaboration with Behavioral Health Clinician
· File compliance ensuring contractual guidelines and CLARE|MATRIX standards are upheld
· Collaborative team work
· Ensure client files are upheld and managed to contractual and CLARE|MATRIX standards
· Conduct goal oriented case management sessions with caseload clients
· Conduct group counseling and educational sessions
· Act as a client advocate and assist clients with problem solving
· Provide appropriate referrals, following up on all referrals and interventions to ensure that the client has access to designated services.
· Provide crisis intervention and emotional support to clients when appropriate
· Maintain contact with each client as required by contract and program guidelines
· Maintain accurate and up to date information in each client’s chart and document client contact by using the EHR system
· Advocate with primary care providers to ensure access to quality treatment and/or care in collaboration with Behavioral Health Clinician
· Supervise residents in coordination of daily program activities
· Assure that all emergency needs of residents are met and these incidents are reported as required
· Respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff and supervisor(s), interacting with police, fire, and medical personnel as needed.
· Maintain open, complete, and accurate verbal and written communications with all staff and residents
· Attend and actively participate in case conferences, related training, and collaborative relationships between CLARE|MATRIX and established partners
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have counseling experience in a substance abuse treatment center setting.
Certification as AOD Counselor is required.
Certified by a recognized governing body by the state of California (CAADP, CCAAP & CADTP).
In addition the following are strongly desired:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Behavioral Health (preferred)
· At least one (1) year experience working with mental health clients.
· 2 years’ experience working in the Substance Abuse treatment field.
· Demonstrable crisis intervention skills
· Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and counseling skills