Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Industry Behavioral Health
The Case Manager is responsible for conducting assessment, treatment planning, counseling, multidisciplinary treatment team consultation and coordination of recovery program services. Case managers motivate participants to actively participate in their therapeutic program, facilitate implementation, presentation, evaluation and revision of treatment plans, and facilitate/present educational programs to participants.
- Orient new participants to the expectations of, services offered by, and treatment plan s/he will work towards while at True Recovery.
- Aid participant in setting and achieving short and long-term goals by promoting adaptive coping skills that will set the participant up for success.
- Liaison with family, friends, partners, and outside resources to create a supportive environment and ensure continuity of care.
Educate the participants on behavioral health, promoting healthy resources and daily skills training to provide highest quality person-centered care.
- Work closely with other members of the clinical team in addressing daily concerns, intervening if crisis intervention is required, and offering additional directives for care to provide highest quality person-centered care.
- Assist participants in developing an aftercare plan so that s/he will feel confident upon exiting the program.
- Uphold participant confidentiality in accordance with company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current certification through Addiction Counselor Certification Board of California or through California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals
- Two years’ experience in the substance abuse field
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of behaviors and emotion related to addiction
- Ability to facilitate group counseling
- Skills in documenting effective group and individual notes
- Ability to coordinate volunteer and vocational activities for participants
- Knowledge about the FMLA process and coordination
- Skills in ACA intervention strategies
- Ability to create effective discharge and aftercare plans