Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Riverside Recovery Resources (RRR) is looking for Certified Substance Use Counselors to join our team. We are looking for candidates with a flexible schedule, who can work either mornings or evenings as necessary. We currently have a need for afternoon/evening availability. We have full time and part time positions available. We have two locations, one in Riverside and one in Lake Elsinore.
Counselors will be involved with group and individual counseling sessions. We are a DUI provider for court-mandated and DMV-ordered participants for DUI education. RRR also offers IOP/OP and Anger Management Programs. Counselors are responsible for documenting all individuals and group case notes, providing assistance with duties related to substance abuse programs, providing substance abuse education and information to assigned clients, developing individual outlines and guidelines for substance abuse education, counseling, and prevention programs, and other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Director.
Pay rate will depend upon qualifications.
The ideal candidate will be:
· Certified in Drug/Alcohol Counseling, with a valid California Certification
· Available to work and conduct counseling sessions in the morning or evening shift (flexible schedule). Currently needing afternoon/evenings.
· Bilingual (English & Spanish)
In addition, candidates should have the following Qualifications:
· CPR/First Aid Certified
· Must maintain TB clearance
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Two years of drug/alcohol counseling experience preferred
· Proficient computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Outlook and Word
· Ability to follow strict confidentiality guidelines, including knowledge of HIPAA laws
· Knowledge of basic principles and practices involved in improving behavioral health; laws, rules, and regulations governing public substance abuse agencies; substance abuse programs and services available to the community and their functions.
· Team-oriented attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
· Strong time management and organization skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Knowledge of applicable ethical and professional standards of conduct
· Able to assist with any duties needed within the program, including administrative tasks