Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage a caseload of clients
- Group Facilitation, individual counseling & case management of clients
- File compliance ensuring contractual guidelines and CLARE|MATRIX’s standards are upheld
- Crisis Management
- Collaborative team work
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of CLARE|MATRIX’s mission, vision, & philosophy
- Contribute to a healthy work environment
- Actively participate in meetings and team-building
- Communicate on a direct and timely basis about needs and problems as they
- Ensure standards of conduct are upheld to CLARE|MATRIX
- Ensure a community environment is
- Ensure health and safety regulations are upheld to CLARE|MATRIX
- Maximize learning opportunities by remaining receptive to constructive feedback and utilizing support available from your supervisor and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure client files are upheld and managed to contractual and CLARE|MATRIX
- Develop a treatment plan with each client; update the treatment plan as needed or as required by licensure, certification, and/or contract.
- Conduct goal oriented individual counseling sessions with caseload clients or as needed within the assigned department.
- Conduct group counseling and educational
- Act as a client advocate and assist clients with problem
- Provide appropriate referrals, following up on all referrals and interventions to ensure that the client has access to designated services.
- Provide crisis intervention and emotional support to clients when
- Maintain contact with each client as required by contract and program
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in each client’s chart and document client contact by using the progress note system.
- Advocate with primary care providers to ensure access to quality treatment and/or care
- Attend and actively participate in case conferences, related training, and collaborative relationships between CLARE|MATRIX and established partners.
- Represent CLARE|MATRIX at community meetings, collaborate with other social services agencies as a part of continuum of care, and serve as an advocate for CLARE|MATRIX constituents, if applicable.
Other Related Classes:
- Counselor II is an AOD Counselor who is certified by a recognized governing body by the state of California.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have counseling experience in a substance misuse treatment center setting. Certified AOD Counselor required. In addition the following are strongly desired/ required experience and ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Possess an understanding of issues of substance use and mental
- Must have reliable
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and counseling