Career Level Student
Experience 2 Years
Industry Behavioral Health
- Valid state driver’s license, required
- Maintain current CPR certification, TB test, Health Clearance
- Kipu Knowledge is required
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Knowledge of 12-step program
- Admits, orients, welcomes and reviews client handbook with new clients.
- Consistently completes client-related paperwork at admit and discharge.
- Performs searches, deciphers contraband from authorized items; labels and stores luggage for safekeeping.
- Conduct client rounds according to state protocols and document appropriately.
- Performs property rounds on a regular basis.
- Utilizes understanding of trauma-informed therapy model and client level system (“Degrees of Freedom”).
- Oversees client use of telephones.
- Conducts and records urinary analyses processes and results.
- Client medication monitoring.
- Client charting, recording client events/behaviors and communicating with clinical team.
- Client crisis intervention/prevention.
- Administering detoxification protocols (completion of CIWA, COWS forms, vital signs rounds) on all detoxification clients.
- Attends in-services and mentor training.
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Provide support and assistance to clients while in treatment.
- Provide support and assistance to the clinical staff.
- Assist the clinical staff by providing ongoing Twelve Step support.
- Assist with upkeep and maintenance of the treatment center.
- Maintain a professional level of conduct and perform Behavioral Health Tech duties that are consistent with the standards of West Coast Client Services.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Keep neat, written logs on client’s activities.
- Remind, redirect and report clients that break rules or regulations.
- Transport clients to facility, appointments, stores, meetings, etc. as directed by Clinical Director or pre-set schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Demonstrates activities such as bathing and dressing to train residents in self-care practices.
- Converses with residents to promote social interaction.
- Serves meals and eats with residents.
- Accompanies residents on off-grounds trips and instructs and counsels residents in purchase of items.
- Restrains disruptive residents when necessary in order to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Observes and documents residents’ behaviors in order to facilitate assessment and development of treatment goals.
- Attends to routine health care needs of residents under supervision of medical personnel.
- Gives medications as prescribed.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to program policies on all new admissions (UA, inventory for belongings searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client charts.
- Overnight staff to document quantity and quality of sleep in progress notes.
- Crisis intervention
- Collect urine samples for testing.
- Ensures all clients follow program guidelines and rules
- Participates and assists in client activities per schedule.
- Maintains awareness of client schedules and personal time.
- Monitor meals.
- Completes appropriate forms for each procedure.
- Assist, as directed, in psychiatric and medical emergencies.
- Performs Urine Drug Screening testing of participants, as required.
- Take and record vital signs.
- Check clients for medication compliance.
- Assists in keeping grounds and facility safe and clean.
- Gives appropriate feedback regarding the condition of clients.
- Communicates concerns of residents to appropriate member of clinical team.
- Provides forum for residents to allow expressing themselves.
- Provides support or diversion consistent with interests and conditions of residents.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as assigned.
- Inventory personal belongings.
Job Types: Full-time