Experience 2 Years
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Quit Genius is the world’s first digital clinic for multiple addictions and we are on a mission to help 100 million people overcome those addictions by combining technology, healthcare and design. It’s an ambitious mission, but one we fully believe in and we hire people who share our aspirations and core values.
If you are passionate about making an impact on the health of others, join us and make it happen!
We’re looking for a remote drug and alcohol counselor to join the leading digital clinic for substance addictions. As one of our recovery coaches, you will be supporting and empowering members to overcome their substance addictions. Your ultimate goal will be to lead members to live addiction-free lives! You will work closely with the whole team contributing to the fast growth of the business and gaining first-hand experience of what it takes to scale up a successful business. This is a remote position based in the USA.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide counseling to members on a weekly basis through text-based chat and phone calls, to monitor their progress on their recovery journey.
- Onboard the users with an initial phone call and complete a multidimensional assessment to gather relevant behavioral health history and symptoms.
- Monitor the progress of members and offer therapeutic strategies on how to deal with temptations and cravings.
- Be supportive and encouraging to members to help them establish and sustain motivation to change their substance use.
- Collaborate with other Quit Genius departments to ensure a positive experience for all members and provide valuable feedback to the product development team
- Help someone transform their life and the life of their family through their addiction recovery!
- IC&RC Certified
- At least two years of clinical experience delivering CBT and/or behavioral support for individuals with substance use disorders, including tobacco and alcohol use disorders.
- Working knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques
- Bachelor degree (in behavioral science preferred)
- Able to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals from different disciplines, including physicians and nurses
- Full Time during the week to take onboarding calls and speak to members
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to fast-changing environments
- Ability to prioritize competing work demands
- Access to work from home office (adequate internet connection and confidential workspace)
- Bonus: Quantitative/qualitative research experience
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- An awesome culture – check it out here www.quitgenius.com/careers
- A competitive package
- Remote role with a highly flexible work schedule.
- Opportunity for the role to expand and accelerated career development.
- Work with a talented, passionate and ambitious team of doctors, designers, and technologists.
- In house support and peer supervision from the coaching/medical team
- Gaining first-hand experience of what it takes to scale a successful business.
- The opportunity to make a big impact. What we do saves lives.
Please read all the above and only apply if you meet all the requirements. Please submit your full CV with a detailed cover letter outlining your experience and an explanation of why you are suitable for this role.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates.