Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Substance use disorder treatment
We deeply value our employees. Working at HBFF includes a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
Retirement savings plan with employer match
Diverse individuals encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
As an Addiction Counselor, you will:
Provide clinical services in coordination with the multi-disciplinary team consistent with Hazelden Betty Ford’s Standards of Care including:
– Conducts and documents introductory and initial counselor interviews and designs initial treatment plan.
– Have knowledge and skills in recognizing symptoms of addictions according to DSM 5 criteria and documenting data to support diagnosis.
– Identifies, prioritizes, and documents clinical issues to be addressed in treatment and continuing care.
– Consistently contacts and involves patient, referent and family as appropriate in assessment and care planning processes.
– Creates individualized care and continuing care plans that include multidisciplinary input as well as involvement of the patient, referent, family, and other appropriate collateral resources.
– Utilizes and conducts 1:1 and group counseling consistent with 12-step facilitation principles to facilitate patient awareness, understanding, and motivation to change related to addiction and recovery issues.
– Family Counseling
– can facilitate family’s/significant other’s need for Family Program/ Alanon or other appropriate services.
– Facilitates family conferences consistent with Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation philosophy and requests supervision when required.
– Continuing Care
– Consults with multidisciplinary team, patient, family and referent (consistent with CFR 42 and CFR 45) to address clinical issues both verbally and in writing related to continuing care, including types of care, level of care, and intensity of services across biopsychosocialspiritual issues and the rationale for each.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, provide clinical coaching, as assigned, to students and interns to facilitate development of clinical competency and ethical practice.
Uses principles of clinical supervision in work with Graduate Program students and interns.
Represent Hazelden Betty Ford services to various audiences to ensure consistent knowledge about services, processes and participation.
Completed certificate/degree program in addiction counseling or equivalent
Current, active MN LADC or eligibility for temporary permit
Must have 1 or more years providing chemical dependency counseling (supervised internship applies)
CPR Certification or attain within 30 days
Ability to use Microsoft office programs and other computer skills
Minimum two years freedom from chemical use problems
Master’s Degree in Addiction Studies or related field
LMHC, LMFC, LCSW, LPC, LPCC or related field licensure
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/np9v48fhdnm9b3c7